Genesis Systems, IPG Photonics Company Scholarship
The Genesis Systems, IPG Photonics Company scholarship is designed to encourage, support and award students interested in a future career in the area of robotic welding systems and engineering.
The $2,500 USD scholarships will be awarded annually and are renewable for four years. The value of each scholarship awarded is $10,000 USD. The duration of the scholarships shall normally be for one academic year, payable each year in two installments, half for fall semester and half for spring semester. Genesis Systems intends to award a four-year scholarship to one student each year for four years.
Failure of a recipient too remain in good academic standing or to make satisfactory progress toward a degree may result in withdrawal of the scholarship.
Genesis Systems, IPG Photonics Company Scholarship requirements include:
- Students must be high school graduates or anticipated Spring 2019 graduate (transcript required)
- Students must complete a job shadow program with Genesis Systems before high school graduation – up to 1/2 day commitment
- Students must be enrolled in Project Lead the Way courses OR a vocational area of study
- Students must be enrolled or accepted in Western Illinois University Quad Cities Engineering or Engineering Technology Program
Gift Proposal for Genesis Systems Engineering Scholarship
Genesis Systems has hereby established a scholarship fund per the terms of this agreement.
The purpose of this fund is to award scholarships to students who are pursuing a degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology at Western Illinois University – Quad Cities
Type of Fund/Acceptance/Governance:
The scholarships will be funded through gifts made on an annual basis by Genesis Systems, IPG Photonics Company. The investment, management and expenditure of all funds shall be in accordance with the WIU Foundation and University policies and procedures.
Applications will be submitted to Genesis Systems. Selection of the award recipients shall be made by a committee of staff at Genesis Systems. Recommendations from the faculty of the mechanical welding program(s), technical courses of study and project Lead the Way will be considered in the selection process.
Application Form must be completed and submitted per the instructions on the form.
Where to direct questions?
Questions may be directed to the Genesis Human Resource Department
The application deadline is March 1, 2019.
Genesis Systems, IPG Photonics Company agrees that this gift will be publicized in the WIU Foundation annual report, the donor honor roll, in news releases, and in other appropriate and usual forms of information generated by the University Foundation.
- Project Lead the Way OR Vocational/technical training program
- Reside in the following Iowa counties: Scott, Clinton, Muscatine or Jackson OR have residence in the following Illinois counties: Rock Island or Henry
- Completion of job shadow program with Genesis Systems