Andy Zinn-Genesis Systems Group Scholarship
The Andy Zinn-Genesis Systems Group scholarship is designed to encourage, support and award students interested in a future career in the area of robotic welding systems and engineering.
The $2,500 USD scholarships will be awarded annually and are renewable for four years. The value of each scholarship awarded is $10,000 USD. The duration of the scholarships shall normally be for one academic year, payable each year in two installments, half for fall semester and half for spring semester. Genesis Systems Group intends to award a four-year scholarship to one student each year for four years.
Failure of a recipient too remain in good academic standing or to make satisfactory progress toward a degree may result in withdrawal of the scholarship.
Zinn-Genesis Systems Group Scholarship requirements include:
- Students must be high school graduates (transcript required)
- Students must complete the job shadowing program with Genesis
- Systems Group before high school graduation
- Students must be enrolled in Project Lead the Way courses or a vocational area of study
- Students must be enrolled in WIU’s linkages program with EICC for the first two years of college and WIU-Quad Cities for the third and fourth years or attend WIU-Quad Cities for all four years
Gift Proposal for Andy Zinn-Genesis Systems Group Engineering Scholarship
Genesis Systems Group has hereby established a scholarship fund per the terms of this agreement.
The purpose of this fund is to award scholarships to students who are pursuing a degree in Engineering Technology or Engineering Program at Western Illinois University – Quad Cities
Type of Fund/Acceptance/Governance:
The scholarships will be funded through gifts made on an annual basis by Genesis Systems Group, LLC. The investment, management and expenditure of all funds shall be in accordance with the WIU Foundation and University policies and procedures.
Applications will be submitted to Genesis Systems Group. Selection of the award recipients shall be made by a committee of staff at Genesis Systems Group. Recommendations from the faculty of the mechanical welding program(s), technical courses of study and project Lead the Way will be considered in the selection process.
Where to direct questions?
The application deadline is June 1.
Genesis Systems Group, LLC agrees that this gift will be publicized in the WIU Foundation annual report, the donor honor roll, in news releases, and in other appropriate and usual forms of information generated by the University Foundation.
- Project Lead the Way OR
- Vocational/technical training program
- Reside the following Iowa counties: Scott, Clinton, Muscatine or Jackson
- Completion of job shadow program with Genesis Systems Group
- Currently enrolled in EICC Community College
- Enrollment in WIU-Quad Cities Engineering Technology or Engineering Program