Aerospace & Aircraft Robotic Integration
Robotic Integration Solutions for Streamlined Production and Lowered Operating Costs
Genesis delivers new and innovative robotic integration solutions to empower the aerospace and aircraft industry to meet growing demands. Production volumes, operating costs and supply chain efficiencies are vital for delivering on promises to customers. Currently facing enormous backlogs, production processes hold the key to staying ahead of the competition.
From working with advanced materials to machine loading airplane components into ovens and presses, Genesis has tackled a number of unique aerospace and aircraft industry application challenges. Whether it’s balancing multiple complex part geometries, tight space constraints, or the need for higher accuracy and repeatability, Genesis is able to develop a successful robotic integration solution that unlocks the productivity potential in your operations to help you meet your specific ROI.
Leveraging years of industry experience, our team of engineers has developed robotic applications and processes to overcome the most complicated, often extremely large scale, manufacturing and inspection challenges within the commercial aviation, space launch, and defense sectors.
Genesis offers the following robotic integration solutions for aviation, space and defense applications:
- Non-Destructive Inspection to include:
- Ultrasonic Inspection (TTU/PAUT)
- Eddy Current
- Material Handling
- Part Contact Tooling
- Press Tending
- Machine Loading
- Material Removal
- Laser Processing
- Part Contact Tooling
- Robotic Tooling
- Virtual Proof of Concept Visualizations
- View Video Transcript
- Designed for non-destructive inspection of sensitive aerospace and aircraft parts, the Genesis Kompakt system delivers the results you require – high quality ultrasonic scans on small composite, metal bonded and hybrid aero structure and aero engine parts. The Kompakt system delivers shorter cycle times and automation to speed up your production without sacrificing quality.
The robotic system features a track-mounted KUKA KR10 1100 waterproof robot that manipulates a part among multiple single channel ultrasonic transducers in immersion, driven by an integrated Boeing AUSS instrumentation and software package. The Kompakt NDI robotic workcell features a number of other technological advances that make it one of the highest performing systems in the industry.By using the Genesis Blitz module, the robot is able to collect pulse and positional data as fast as 1 millisecond. This drives significantly faster cycle times, and when combined with the UTEX InspectionWare analysis software, it allows for sophisticated A, B and C-scan data analysis. Beckhoff Controls and Touch Screen HMI round out the controls for this adaptable system.
The operator can load, unload and perform data analysis while the system is automatically scanning the next part, once again reducing overall cycle time. The system is also capable of automatically scanning reference standards for ease of calibration, helping deliver a higher quality scan.
The Genesis Vector software package allows the customer to program parts offline and then simulate the robot program to confirm a successful plan for scanning before running the program live. Using web-based technologies, the Genesis Service and Support Team can remotely access the system at any time, as long as the customer grants permission, to provide fast and efficient 24/7 online support of robot and plc programs, documentation, schematics and manuals.
Backed by decades of experience in the aerospace and aircraft sectors, the Genesis Kompact NDI robotic workcell delivers unparalleled inspection capabilities.
For enhanced productivity, increased accuracy, and accelerated throughput, contact Genesis Systems Group for a custom or turn-key robotic workcell solution.
- View Video Transcript
- The increasing demand for automated non-destructive inspection systems, or NDI systems, requires advanced capabilities and Genesis Systems Group has stepped up to the challenge. The Genesis Mobile Inspection Platform is custom designed for aerospace and aircraft NDI professionals and manufacturing engineers who need to balance high-quality and speed for non-destructive testing of extremely large structures. An additional production cost-saving benefit of the robotic workcell is its adaptability to other processes and industries.
With a pulse echo ultrasonic end effector, this system is able to validate the quality of large contoured parts before final assembly. The Olympus-based ultrasonic process uses multiple arrays, sending and receiving pulse waves to and from the part, and presenting the information as A-scan, B-scan and C-scan images.
The Genesis mobile inspection platform utilizes a KUKA robot for its reliability and accuracy over time. But one of the truly interesting features of this system is that it is mobile and maneuverable. This makes it a very versatile workcell – flexible enough to inspect a wide variety of structural and non-structural aerospace components, and flexible enough to be configured for inspection in other industrial applications as well.
A variety of end-effectors can be attached to the robot, allowing the workcell to become a multi-process system, further increasing versatility and return on investment.
Genesis has successfully developed a full line of robotic workcells for non-destructive inspection that consistently meet the ever-increasing demands of the aerospace and aircraft industries. With unparalleled throughput, accuracy, and reliability, Gensis’ custom robotic systems bring cutting edge capabilities to more of your production operations, maximizing your return on investment.
Accelerate ROI and boost productivity with Genesis Systems Group custom robotic workcells.
- Robotic, Ultrasonic Non-Destructive Inspection of Carbon Fiber Components Delivers Speed & Accuracy
- NDI of Complex Composite Aircraft Parts Simplified With Genesis NSpect 115 Workcell
- Non-Destructive Inspection Workcell Speeds Scan Of Parts Of Unequal Weights
- NDI of Aircraft OEM Parts Using Genesis NSpect 115 Delivers Speed & Quality
- NDI of Carbon Fiber Aircraft Clips in Under 3 Minutes for Triumph Composite Systems
- NDI Ultrasonic Robotic Solution for Rocket Parts Cuts Cycle Times to Less Than 2 HRS
- Article: Robot Safety, Everything but Routine
- Article: Protecting End Users and Suppliers – Best Practices for Robot Integrators