HLAW AUTOMATED SOLUTIONS
- Fiber lasers with small spot sizes helps stabilize the arc
- GMAW filler wire provides metallurgical control and weld characteristics
- High-speed welding of parts with small heat affected zones and less distortion
- Automated robots enable even higher speed welding across complex geometries
- Fiber lasers have become the tool of choice for welding thick and thin materials across a wide range of materials in almost every industry. Laser welding requires no consumables, is easily automated and provides high-precision, deep penetration welds for industrial applications.
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) helps slow weld cooling and broadens the fusion zone surface. This filler wire content changes the weld characteristics and limits contaminants.
- Hybrid laser arc welding (HLAW) is up to 30X faster than GMAW alone due to welding in less passes and reduced heat input. Welded parts benefit from less distortion and enable welding higher strength steels that reduce components weight up to 50%.
- Robotic automation with factory connectivity increases throughput even further as well as optimized motion programming enabling welds across complex geometries that are simply impossible to achieve manually.
MINIMAL HEAT AFFECTED
ZONE & LOW DISTORTION
UP TO 3X INCREASED
High Power Fiber Lasers combined with Gas Metal Arc Welding
Provides High-Speed Capabilities for Heavy Industry Applications
Integrated 15 kW IPG Fiber Laser
HLAW Weld ¾” x 24” Steel
Shipbuilding, Oil & Gas, Construction are a few of the many industries that benefit from the numerous advantages of HLAW. With less heat input created, parts suffer minimal distortion enabling long lengths to be welded while virtually eliminating pre and post welding rework. Deeper penetration, higher tensile strength, more narrow joints, and of course higher-speed welding directly contribute to increased quality and productivity. Manufactures are able to utilize higher strength raw materials with lighter weights that produce components that are more durable and at lower costs.