TALK TO US NOW
Automated Battery Welding System
- Cell Loading & Testing Station
- Cell-to-Busbar Welding Station
- Digital Weld Tester
- Module Assembly Station
- Incoming cells are singulated and tested across the conveyer. Cells are tested, good cells are inserted into module frames, bad cells are rejected. Assembled modules exit to cell-to-busbar welding station.
- Adjustable Mode Beam fiber lasers with scan heads mounted to 1250 x 1250 mm motion platform welds cells to busbars on incoming modules. High speed laser welding is over 10X faster and more reliable than traditional wire bonding methods.
- Non-destructive bed-of-nails measurements of each cell weld with data logging for traceability. Tested modules move on to final assembly.
- Case components are assembled and robotic wobble welding ensures hermetic seals. Sealed battery packs are fully tested and removed from frames. Completed battery packs are stored for further processing- empty module frames return to cell loading station.
OF CYLINDRICAL BATTERIES
OVER 10X FASTER
& MORE RELIABLE
THAN TRADITIONAL WIRE BONDING METHODS
REQUIRES 10X LESS
PHYSICAL SYSTEMS THAN WIRE BONDING
LESS MACHINERY, LESS FLOORSPACE, LESS MAINTENANCE
The Only Battery Welding Solution with Integrated Process Monitoring, Traceability and Non-Destructive Testing
Genesis | IPG technologies increase quality, reliability and safety for e-mobility manufacturing
- Automated battery welding systems weld battery cells 10X faster than traditional methods
- IPG fiber lasers matched with cutting, welding and scan heads enable:
- Fast, reliable and clean cutting of ultra high-strength materials
- Precision welding of seats, safety and motor components
- High-speed body in white brazing that cleans and joins hot dipped galvanized steel in a single step with aesthetic finishes
- Integrated inline real-time weld monitoring provides unmatched quality assurance and eliminates the need for destructive testing, which reduces scrap and increases overall throughput